Uniform & Appearance
- Studentsare expected to be in proper uniform with identity card on all If a child is found shabby or untidy in appearance, he / she may be refused admission to the class for the whole day.
- Parentsare expected to ensure that their wards are in proper uniform before they leave.
- Students must always wear full uniform when they enter the school even when they are on leave.
Punctuality & Discipline
- Care must be taken of the school property and no student should scratch or spoil the desks or charts or damage any school furniture. Any damage done will be borne by the one who does it together with a fine imposed on him/her for such an offence.
- Students, who come to the school on their own should arrive at least 5 minutes before the bell rings (five minutes before the Home Room period). If the child does not arrive at the given time, then the child will strictly be sent back home.
- Students should maintain discipline in all the fields whether at work or at play. They should be particularly careful not to litter any where in the school premises.
- During the absence of the teacher each class monitor is responsible for the order and discipline of the class.
- Eating of chewing gum is strictly prohibited in the school. The students violating this rule will be punished.
- Nonvegetarian food is strictly prohibited within the school premises and buses. Students should bring only wholesome food to school. Junk food like fizzy drinks, packed snacks such as wafers, kurkures etc. are strictly prohibited.
- Lending or borrowing of money and other articles is not permitted. Lending of cash/eatables/mobilephonesby Dayscholarsaswellasthe Boardersisaseriousoffence.
- The school reserves the right to suspend students whose progress in studies is unsatisfactory or whose conduct is not as per prescribed norms.
- Every student should carry his/her almanac to the school every day.
- The name, class, section of the pupil should be clearly marked on all belongings of the students.
- Latecomers, Uniform Defaulters, children who do not do their assignments regularly and involved in any indisciplinary act will be given yellow, orange and red cards. Admission of child can be terminated if a child gets a red card.
- Student are not allowed to leave the class without class out pass and the teacher’s permission.
- Students are not allowed to use the school telephone without the permission of the Principal/ VicePrincipal / HeadMistress / Coordinators. They will not be called to answer phone calls during the class hours.
- Birthdays are auspicious and important days and some of you may like your child to celebrate with his/her classmates. Even if you desire so, please do not send more than one/two small chocolates per student of that class. Kindly avoid big chocolates, cakes and return gifts.
- On birthdays, Pre Nursery to Grade V students can come in decent Indian Ethnic dress toschoolandstudentsof Grades VIto XIIneedtocomeintheschooluniformonly.
- Students are not allowed to carry mobile phones or any electronic gadgets to the school.
1. If a student is found on campus with a mobile phone/electronic gadget, it will be confiscated and handed over to the parent upon payment of Rs. 1000/ fine.
2. Upon repeating the offense, the mobile phone/electronic gadget will be permanently seized with a fine of Rs.1000/.
- XI and XII students or students coming from the near by towns after seeking permission if carrying mobile should deposit their mobile at the school reception and may collect after the school.
- Carrying of valuable articles like expensive or fancy watches, stationery items, iPods, CDs, DVDs, magazines, mobile phones or any other electronic gizmos to school is strictly prohibited.
- Girls are not allowed to wear fancy jewellery or clips. If earrings must be worn, they should be worn in only one small hoop or stud. Girls are not allowed to wear more than one pair small sized, decent and school student appropriate earring or stud. Boys are not allowed to wear earrings/studs. Wearing of nose rings, bangles, chains, rings, bracelets, tattoos of any kind by any student is strictly prohibited.
- All the students are expected to maintain decorous behaviour and show themselves courteous and polite at all times. Cultivate good manners and social grace in all interactions everywhere.
- Strict action will be taken against a student who uses unfair means during a test or examination. Repetitionofthesamewillresultinhis/herdismissal.
- Students are not allowed to bring any sharp instruments like knives, blades, nail cutter, scissors etc. to the school.
- Use of fire crackers or splashing colours during Diwali / Holi or on any other occasion in the school premises or school buses is strictly forbidden. Noncompliance to these instructions can result in expulsion from the school.
- Girls’ hair must be plaited or tied back if it reaches the shoulders. If ribbons are worn they must be in black colour. No fancy hairclips or other accessories are permitted.
- Students are not permitted to colour their hair or use hair gel.
- NonSikh boys’ hair must not touch the collar and should be cut a little above the ear lobe in a student appropriate manner. Fancy hair styles are not allowed.
- Participation in games and in other cocurricular activities is compulsory. Exemption may be granted only on medical grounds.
- The school does not accept responsibility for loss of books, pens, money or valuables. Students shall not bring valuable articles or cash to school.
- Students are expected to take care of their belongings.
- He / She should converse in English only.
- Bunking school is strictly prohibited and leads to immediate rustication from the school.
Usage of Social Media
- This is an advisory to all the students not to be involved in creating meme pages regarding the school on social media, as it hosts innumerable nasty, vulgar and disrespectfulcomments pertaining to school teachers, official and other students.
- Students are not allowed to use or tag school’s name on any social platform.
- Theyare not allowed to go live on any social platform in the school premises.
- The school will take strict possible action against all such students who involve themselves or associate with the above mentioned acts, as this not only harms reputationof the school but blemish the families of those involved in such despicable activities.
Fee Rules And Payment Schedule
Fee for the whole session can be paid in four installments through ERP/ENACH or Post Dated Cheques (PDCs) deposited to the Accounts Department; as school does not encourage fee payment in cash. Fee deposition schedule will be as follows:
|Sr. No.||Instalment||Due Date||Last Date|
- If the last date happens to be a holiday, the next working day is the last date for depositing the fee. After the stipulated date a late fee of Rs. 20/‐ per day will be charged.If the fee is not deposited without the prior permission of the management, the school may be constrained to take a strict action.
- Incase of cheque bounced due to insufficient funds in payee account, bank charges along with late fee will be levied from parents.
- The school fee does not include the expenses for functions, celebrations, educational excursions/ field trips, Olympiads, competitions, stationery, school uniform etc. Parents are expected to bear these expenses as applicable from time to time.
Attendance & Leave
- Studentsare not granted leave of absence unless their parents send in an application for the same and an entry in the relevant column in the almanac a day prior.
- If a student is absent owing to illness or unavoidable reason parents / guardians should send a note regarding the same. In case of longer illness (more than one week)it should be informed to the Principal at the earliest and a medical certificate should be sent in this regard.
- Repeated absence without leave or unexplained absence for more than five consecutivedays shall render a student liable to have his/her name struck off from the rolls.
- Weare deeply concerned about the safety and security of our Please note that no child may be taken home during school hours unless there is an emergency. In that case, the Principal /Vice Principal/Academic Coordinator may be contacted, permission and Gate Pass should be obtained. Parent/ guardian should carry bearer card along with.
- Wilful absenteeism a day before a test/examination is strictly discouraged as the absenteesmiss valuable revision lessons and instructions.
- Leaveof half day / early leave after a Periodic Test should be avoided.
- Students will not be allowed to leave the school premises without a written permissionof the Principal and Gate Pass.
- Irregularityin attendance, disobedience to authority, habitual idleness are sufficient reasons for the dismissal of a student.
- 75% attendance is mandatory before each main exam.
Admission And Withdrawals
- Studentswill be given admission only through proper channels or entrance test.
- Students coming from other schools will have to submit original Transfer Certificate and other details from that school.
- The school management reserves the right to admit or retain students in the school.
- Studentscan be asked to withdraw from the school on the following grounds:
- Unsatisfactoryprogress in school work.
- Issueof two yellow cards throughout his/her academic tenure.
- Issueof two red cards during his/her academic tenure will also lead to expulsion.
- If a child has to be withdrawn from the school, parents are requested to give one calendarmonth’s notice in writing, failing which one installment will be charged and no caution money will be refunded in the above case.
- Those who leave the school in between the session must (for any reason) pay the feestill the date one applies for the TC.
- TransferCertificate will not be issued until all dues to the school have been A written application for T. C. should be submitted 10 days in advance.
- Ifthe student has taken TC and wants to join back will be continued as new admission.
- Allkinds of fees are non refundable and non transferable, except caution money.
- Cautionmoney can be claimed only if dues are cleared.
- Libraryshould be revered as a temple of learning.
- Studentsmust maintain absolute silence and order in the library.
- Librarybooks are issued for a period of 7 days If a student loses a book, he / she will have to replace the book or pay a fine equal to the value of the book.
- Strict action will be taken for tearing, tampering, disfiguring or damaging the books.
- Private tuition for the school students by the school teachers is strictly prohibited. If required, the school will arrange enhancement classes for the students who need guidancebefore or after the regular timings of the Such arrangements of tuition bytheschoolteachersattheschoolshouldbewiththepriorpermissionofthe Principal.
- Evaluation will be done as per CBSE guidelines. Students will be assessed in two terminal Students absent from any evaluation will not be examined later but absence due to illness may be considered on producing medical certificate.
- Astudent should secure the desired marks as per CBSE guidelines in each subject to be promoted to the next Regular attendance and steady work will be a pre condition for promotion.
Extra Curricular Activities
- Theschool organizes programmes, activities, events, guest visits, movie shows in the interest of the students and Parents are requested to participate and update themselves about the day to day needs and requirements of their wards.
- Conveyance is optional but the facility is available only on a yearly basis, not on Quarterly/Monthly basis. Students can avail the school conveyance subject to the availabilityof The route of the school bus is drawn up and the parents should consult the School Transport Incharge for necessary details. The school will not entertain any change in the bus route to suit the individual’s convenience. Change of bus stop for a week or so is not allowed. But in case; if there is a change in the residential address the authorities need to be informed at least a week in advance.
- Students opting for conveyance facility provided by school, will have to pay conveyancecharges as applicable in advance.
- Parents are requested not to enter school buses to see off and receive their wards.
- Parents should not try to overtake and stop the school bus to facilitate the boarding of their wards as this endangers the safety of the other students. Such attempts would lead to strict disciplinary action.
- Parents should not argue with the teachers present in the bus or the conductor/driver. If there is any problem, a written complaint to the Principal/Vice Principal/Academic Coordinator should be given.
- The students of Grades XI and XII should submit a copy of their license to the Transport I/C. They have to wear a helmet while riding their two wheelers to the school, failing which the student will be strictly punished.
- Usage of four wheelers by students is strictly prohibited.
- Unruly behavior like shrieking, shouting, making comment to passerby, using abusive language will be dealt strictly.
- Parents (or whoever is authorised by the parents) have to produce the Bearer Card at the bus stop to receive their wards from the respective bus drop points failing which the student will be brought back to the school and will be handed over only on producing the Bearer card.
- Any photograph of your child / ward clicked being the student of Rockwoods High School can be used by school for prospectus / almanac / newsletter / magazine / newspaper advertisement / website / social media and can be used even after student passes out or leaves the school.
With the extended school hours, we offer personalised teacher guidance, hands on learning, life long discipline and result oriented sports activities. At Rockwoods, we prepare the young generation for the future challenges, providing well balanced diet, the right focus on subject enrichment and later in the day exposure given for healthy sportsmanship. This educational option helps the students to spend quality time with their family in the evening. Individual attention is given through dedicated and personalised tutoring by the mentors, with the help of various resources such as regular revisional worksheets, 2D & 3D Video library, practical examples for concept learning.
- Most parents believe that once they send their child to a boarding school, a well mannered, wellspoken young man or woman will be graduated. This is true to a huge extent as Boarding schools discipline and a sense of punctuality is developed in every child. The students receive special guidance as boarding has a limited number of children in each class. Children are involved in different types of sports and extracurricular activities. They face less distractions and the school environment keeps them focused.
- Children who study in a boarding perform all the tasks themselves. They learn to fend for themselves because they have to do their own work without waiting for anyone’s help. They solve their daily problems and look after their personal needs, making sure that their school uniforms are washed and ironed. This leads them to become independent, disciplined and selfreliant.
- They become responsible and learn to take care of things on their own. Even when they make mistakes, it serves as a learning experience and they take up new challenges with more confidence.
- By joining a boarding school, children learn to adjust to new surroundings and come in touch and interact with students of different backgrounds, places and of different behaviours. Students thus learn about new cultures and peaceful coexistence.
- They learn many qualities like teamwork, leadership, compassion, self management, patience, etc. All of these lead to an allround development of the students.
- Studies have also proven that ethics of respecting and appreciating the opposite gender and working with them in harmony are generally developed in boarding schools and hostels.
- The excellent residential facilities, unabated supervision and verdant environment of the hostel assure an excellent platform for the hostellers to groom and bloom. The comfortable air cooled rooms, nutritious yummy food, round the clock medical facilities and monthly outings provides them with ‘A home away from home’. Extra coaching classes, guided evening studies, weekly tests and extracurricular activities like games, music, yoga etc enhance the holistic development of the hostellers.